Tag: Private Garden Tours
Musk Farm house and grounds were the original Musk Primary school, founded in 1872. The school was decommissioned in 1993 and the land and property were sold.
Stuart Rattle and his partner, Michael O’Neil purchased the dilapidated schoolhouse in 1998. Over the next 15 years the house was expanded, and the barren grounds were developed into 14 exquisite garden rooms. The centerpiece being the oval, which is enclosed by a dense 3-meter hedge.
Stuart’s creative flair and attention to detail is still evident today as the use of hedges; gates and garden ornamentation combine to carry the eye through various vistas and create an excitement of anticipation. An exceptional example of this is seen when standing in ‘The Dixter’, on the School Road edge of the property, and looking across the Chestnut Lawn, through an opening in the X Cupresses hedge and into the Tank Garden. There are a further 12 'Garden rooms including The Rhododendron Garden, Woodlands, Autumn Garden, Rondial and Terrace