The Clunes Museum is housed in the former warehouse (c.1860) of contractors Nicholl and Wallace who supplied building materials and hardware to miners, farmers and residents. Since then, it's many and varied uses reflect the town's history and, of course, it is very much part of the town's celebrated 19th century street-scape. Between the wars, it was part of the original knitting mill in Fraser Street. During WWII, it was used as a hostel for families. After the war, it was a hairdresser's for many years as well as an upholsterer's, a dressmaker's and even a fish and chip shop. The redeveloped building, now known as The Warehouse - Clunes to reflect it's 19th century history, reopened in 2014 and it operates as a Hub housing the Museum, the Library, the Visitor information Centre, the Hepburn Shire Service Centre as well as event and meeting spaces.